Full Management Services on Rental Property
A Service Charge of £300 including VAT (£250.00 + VAT) at the start of each new Tenancy and 13.2% including VAT (11% plus VAT) commission on each calendar months' rent.
The management service we offer to you as the landlord is set out as follows:
- Valuation of the property to let
- 'Full Terms of Business' contract between the Landlord and Agent will be issued
- Photographs of the property will be taken and advertised in the office window and internet as required
- All viewings will be carried out with a member of the team at Morton New
- A suitable tenant will be found for the appropriate property following a reference on their application
- We will collect the monthly rent and pay you once we clear any bills that could be outstanding (maintenance bills)
- A full inventory of the property will be conducted and issued to the Tenant on moving in
- A statement of your account will be posted to you each quarter of the year
- Property inspections will be carried out every 6 months unless it is felt there is a reasonable exercise to do it more frequently
- The property will be managed through Morton New so you as a Landlord can sit back and not worry about the day to day running of the residence
- We collect the Tenants' deposit (equivalent to 1½ times the rent) and deposit the money with the Deposit Protection Scheme
- At the end of the Tenancy we carry out the inspection and report back to you anything that may need your attention
- We like to keep our Landlords well informed with information about their let without harassing you and giving you a peace of mind that we are carrying out the duties to the best of our abilities
- We recommend that you keep a separate bank account for your income on the Let of your property and laso have a buffer of around one month's rent in case of emergencies
- If you intend to work 'overseas' then it is your responsibility to gain an exemption number/certificate from the Inland Revenue as part of the Non Residents Landlord Scheme and inform us as Agent of the certificate/number.
Tenant Find Only Service
This service is to "Find a Tenant" only.
- We will advise you on a Rental income per calendar month and collect your first month's rent
- We will also collect the Deposit equivalent to 1½ times the rent and give it to you as the Landlord to deposit with 'The Deposit Protection Service'
- Viewings will be carried out with us at Morton New
- Window cards and Brochures will be made up and displayed
- References on Tenants will be taken and followed up
- The contract between the Tenant and Landlord will be drawn up along with the Prescribed Information Form regarding the Deposit Scheme
- We will arange a suitable time for both Landlord/s and Tenant/s to meet
- This service is then complete and all responsibilities are with you as the Landlord and the Tenant
Tenant referencing is charged to the landlord at a cost of £36.00 inc VAT (£30.00 plus VAT) per applicant. A Service charge of £600.00 inc VAT (£500.00 plus VAT) will be charged on the completion of the contract being started.
Additional Services (Find Only)
- Inventory £78.00 including VAT (£65.00 plus VAT)
- Inspection Visit £180.00 including VAT (£150.00 plus VAT)
- Schedule £210.00 including VAT (£175.00 plus VAT)
- Re-new a contract/change names etc £60.00 including VAT (£50.00 plus VAT)